A delicious autumn soup to warm your tummy and soul!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1-1/2 pounds (750g) potimarron/kuri squash peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 large tart apple, peeled, cored and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable or chicken bouillon
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional…if you don’t like cinnamon replace with rosemary and thyme)
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add pepper and fleur de sel (we recommend our blackberry fleur de sel) to taste
Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and cook, stirring, until the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the squash and the apple, stir, and cover it by 3-inches (7.5 cm) with water. Add the cinnamon stick or rosemary sprig/thyme sprig and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat, cover and cook until the squash is tender through, about 25 minutes.
Remove the cinnamon stick, purée the soup, then drizzle a bit of olive oil and season to taste with blackberry fleur de sel and pepper.
Enjoy! Bon Appétit