Wonderfully crisp, tender, and just melt-in-your mouth amazing. Serve as an appetizer, side dish or even a light main dish!
- 4 large russet potatoes, coarsely grated and drained completely to extract as much liquid as possible
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Natural fleur de sel and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, Parmesan, flour, garlic, eggs, green onions and cayenne pepper; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each pancake, flattening with a spatula, and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 2 minutes longer.