Nothing like blending two favourites…pesto and hummous. You can either combine the two or create two layers and dip in…simply delicious! Bon appétit les amis.
FOR THE PESTO HUMMUS:
- 2 14-ounce cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup olive oil (depending on how creamy you want it to be)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3–4 garlic cloves, grated or very finely minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Optional garnishes: olive oil, pesto, toasted pine nuts, parmesan, edible flowers
Combine all the pesto hummus ingredients in a food processor and blend on high until smooth. Taste and season with fleur de sel. Top with any or all of the garnishes and experiment with your own personal touch.
Serve immediately or keep covered in your fridge for up to 5 days.
We love our jalapeño lime or blackberry fleur de sel as the finishing touch!