Rich, delicious hazelnut fudge brownies the family will love!
- Whole hazelnuts cut in half
- 4 oz (120 g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 (285 g) cups unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) cocoa powder
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease pan.
Place the chocolate with the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until melted. Remove the saucepan from the heat, add sugars and whisk into the melted chocolate. Whisk in the eggs one at a time then whisk in the vanilla. Stir in the flour and cocoa powder until evenly combined.
Count out 12-15 hazelnuts and cut in half. Roughly chop the rest and stir into the brownie mix.
Spread batter onto baking pan and arrange the halved hazelnuts on top. Bake for about 20 minutes until the top of the brownies lose their shine. Test the middle with a knife if the batter is sticking. Bank an additional 5 minutes if needed. Cool for one hour.
Sprinkle natural fleur de sel on top. Enjoy!