Just in time for summer! Here’s a delicious wild salmon recipe featuring our lemon zest fleur de sel.
- 12 limes, juiced
- 2 grapefruits (optional) juiced
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger 10ml
- 3 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped 45 ml
- 1 lb boneless, skinless salmon filet (500g) – we love wild BC coho!
Delicious accompanying fennel, bean and potato salad:
- 4-6 potatoes
- Fresh mint
- Lemon zest fleur de sel
- 1/2 lb of green/yellow beans (trim the ends), cooked and cooled
- 1 bulb fresh fennel, remove the fronds then trim, core & shave thinly
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil 90 ml
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp mustard 5 ml
- 4 Tbsp chopped parsley 60 ml
- Black pepper (we always use a grinder!)
Mix the citrus juice, ginger & tarragon. Thinly slice the salmon into 1/8 inch slices and place into a glass dish. Pour the citrus juice mixture over the salmon (make sure it’s covered) and chill in the fridge for one hour.
Place potatoes and mint in a pot, cover with water and bring to simmer. Cook until tender. Discard the mint and let potatoes cool. Dice the potatoes and add beans along with fennel.
Mix olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and parsley. Toss with potatoes, beans and fennel. Season with lemon fleur de sel and ground pepper.
Remove salmon from citrus juice, place individually flat on plates. Sprinkle with lemon fleur de sel and olive oil. Add salad on top and serve.