Simple, moist, fluffy, buttery & delicious! With only 6 ingredients chances are you’re all set…just don’t drink all the beer 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- all-purpose flour (3 cups)
- sugar (3 tbl or use honey)
- baking powder (1 tbl)
- salt (sprinkling of sea salt)
- beer (1 can)
- unsalted butter (1 stick, melted)
- sprinkling of oregano, chives, dried tomatoes, garlic, cheese (optional) – use your imagination and tastebuds to guide you!
2. Mix: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir the beer into the dry ingredients until just mixed.
3. Pour: Pour half of the melted butter into the bottom of the loaf pan. Then spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter.
4. Bake: Bake your beer bread for 50 to 60 minutes, until it’s golden brown. Stick a toothpick or knife in the centre of the loaf and make sure it comes out clean. Serve your beer bread immediately with a smear of more butter (we love using unsalted butter and sprinkling our fleur de sel on top).
Fleur de sel suggestions: Porter Ale, balsamic or natural